Our church is located in the traditional and treaty territory of the Mississauga Anishinaabeg. We believe that it is not only important to recognize the Mississauga for their care for, and teachings about the earth and our relations, but to honour those teachings through our interactions today and every day hereafter.
100 years ago, in 1923, Canada and seven Mississauga and Chippewa First Nations signed agreements that became known as the Williams Treaties. These agreements were intended to be the foundation upon which sovereign peoples would build a common relationship, but led to long-standing disputes about compensation, settlement, and harvesting.
In light of this history and understanding our role as Treaty People, may we dedicate ourselves to moving forward in the spirit of partnership, collaboration, and reconciliation, as we learn together and contemplate the possibilities that lay ahead.
From Highway 401, exit at Count Rd. 45/Division St. (exit #474) and proceed south on Division St. into the centre of town.
The church is located at 284 Division St. on the southeast corner of Division St. and Chapel St.
There is a large municipal parking lot immediately to the south of the church.
The church has wheelchair access from the Division St. parking lot.
Trinity United Church
284 Division St.
Cobourg, ON K9A 3R1