What is PAR?
If you have automatic debits going from your bank account to pay for insurance, cable TV, taxes, fuel or mortgage, then you understand the PAR principle. It means regular contributions throughout the year.
Many people use PAR for their church offering, finding it a convenient way to take care of their regular commitments to the church month by month. You can participate in this program.
Your account will be debited on or about the 20th of the month and Trinity's account credited with the amount payable from all members who participate.
Trinity has been participating in the PAR program for many years. If you would like to participate, then you:
1. Decide the amount of your monthly offering.
2. Fill in the Authorization Form found here - PAR Form - and attach a sample cheque from your account marked "void."
3. Bring both into the church office or place them on the offering plate.
How to set-up PAR?
Advantages of PAR
To the contributor:
1. Regular support to Trinity in the amount that you choose.
2. Continual support of Trinity when you are away.
3. Avoidance of "catch-up" periods
To the congregation:
1. Regular, dependable flow of contributions.
2. Reduction of paperwork and bookkeeping.
3. Reduction in bank overdrafts.
The United Church of Canada administers this program.
There is no minimum number of givers required for the congregation to participate in the program. However, since the purpose of the program is to ensure regular monthly offerings to help pay church expenses, most congregations find that the more people on the program, the more valuable and viable it is.
Small cards are available at the church entrances to put on the offering plate in place of envelopes.
For more information
or if you have any questions, contact:
Trinity United Church